Note before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -1 hour > France time zone < +1 hour
Delivery Team @Heetch
Our infrastructure receives millions of events per day and processes millions of API requests. We also serve over a dozen thousands of rides daily. By joining the team, you'll be helping to build its technical vision and creating the best platform to run our services at scale. You'll be joining a growing team collaborating with the rest of the development organization. We work day-to-day on automation in order to ensure reliability, scalability, and velocity at Heetch. Our infrastructure is growing on a daily basis, with more than 160 microservices owned by 16 different teams and counting. One of our challenges is to provide help (design consulting, capacity planning, incident management, service development, monitoring, etc.) to other teams in order to spread common and best practices. We also develop, put in production and maintain services in order to ensure a maximum of independence and ownership to other teams.
What will be your role?
As an Engineering Manager, you will 100% remotely manage a fast-growing engineering team to build a Delivery product on a highly scalable technology stack (full microservices architecture in Golang running on top of Docker).Now in a bootstrap phase, you’ll play a major role in leading a 5-people team’s dynamic, growth and culture. Your main challenge will be to create the team’s vision based on what was handled by other teams before and take ownership of your defined scope to deliver impactful results.
Does it sound like you?
- You have more than 4 years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in various locations.
- You have already worked in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company.
- You have strong communication skills: You're able to interact with a variety of people, technical or non-technical.
- You show a significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry.
- You have a natural ability to motivate and inspire a talented, creative and diverse team.
- You understand and are experienced in building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- You can develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements.
- You have full working proficiency in English.
What will you do?
- Work and align with Engineering and Product teams to facilitate project delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment to your team members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
People & Culture
- Lead a fully remote and distributed team across Europe of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Encourage continuous learning and development to team members to support them in their career goals
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Hire and grow the Engineering team by attracting the best diverse talent
- Be an ambassador for the Engineering group by contributing to the Heetch blog and being involved in the Tech community
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to drive cultural changes across the organization
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
- Interview with your line manager (1h30)
- Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
- Day on-site (Paris) to meet your future team and stakeholders