Are you a technical leader who is passionate about security and enabling a team of highly talented security engineers in their mission to make Redox the most trusted name in healthcare technology?
The Redox Security Team
The Redox Security Team is building the foundation for our company to safely and efficiently eliminate the barriers to the adoption of technology in healthcare. We support teams throughout the company to enable them to build components that can securely store and transmit health data, thus enabling our customers to rapidly build and deploy products to change the face of the healthcare industry.
Your Impact in this Role
As a Director of Security Engineering, you will oversee critical security programs that directly support building our secure healthcare platform. These programs include Application Security, Cloud Security, Identity & Access Management and Corporate Security. You will be responsible for coaching engineers in these functions and managing our strategic relationships across the technical and operational teams they work with. We are all patients, and your role will be to ensure the safety of the data of yourself, your loved ones, and everyone else’s flowing through our platform. Our mission at Redox is to make health data useful, and you would focus on how to ensure that this mission isn’t undermined by interference from bad actors or flaws in the design of the environment.
- You prioritize building and supporting a diverse and inclusive team of engineers.
- You are a leader who is able to elicit support without direct authority across the company.
- You maintain relationships with key stakeholders and allies.
- You are an exceptional coach, supporting your direct reports in achieving their goals and progressing their careers.
- You hold yourself and your team accountable to goals and deliverables.
- You maintain strong technical capabilities and use these to influence your overall security engineering strategy.
- Rather than find solutions you help your teams find them themselves.
- Be a sponsor and vigorous champion for your teams’ initiatives, including removing roadblocks for them when needed.
- You draw from your experience to anticipate risks, and solve for future problems before they jeopardize your team.
- Coordinate roadmaps across security, engineering and operation functions to ensure our plans are in sync, we have dependencies identified and are working towards common goals.
- You have strongly honed communication and organizational skills.
Work Experience and Expertise Should Include:
- Experience leading technical engineering teams.
- Knowledge of cloud-native and modern technologies (AWS, NodeJS, *nix, OSX, etc).
- Familiarity of security practices, processes, and systems.
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery.
- Deep understanding of threat models for large, high-scale production platforms.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Technical Security certification is nice to have.
- A history of building high performing technical security teams.