SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously and targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience and Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization and alignment with these values are as important as your skills.
The Senior Data Analytics Engineer will build meaningful analytics that inform companies of security risk. You will be working closely with our Data Science team, implementing algorithms and managing the analytic pipeline. We have over 1 PB of data, so the ideal candidate will have experience processing and querying large amounts of data.
We prefer this person to work from our NYC headquarters, but will consider remote applicants in other geographic areas.
- Manage the analytic pipeline using Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to support new and existing and services and processes.
- Quickly and efficiently design and implement in an agile environment
- Work with other team members to implement consistent architecture
- Drive projects through all stages of development
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Improve the effective output of the engineering team by managing quality, and identifying inconsistencies.
- Bachelor's degree (CS, EE or Math preferred) or equivalent work experience as well as interest in a fast paced, complex environment.
- 5+ years of experience Scala or another functional language experience in a commercial environment (highly preferred)
- 3+ Experience with Spark, and the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
- Familiarity with various tools such as AWS and Docker and an instinct for automation
- Expert in SQL
- Strong understanding of Software Architecture principles and patterns.
- Experience working with 3rd party software and libraries, including open source
- Experience with Postgres