At LoadImpact, we found most of the load testing tools were too simple or too complicated, or they were not designed specifically for developers. In 2017, we decided to create k6; a new open-source load testing tool that Developers and DevOps could love for doing performance testing.
k6 is still in its early days, and now, we're looking for our first k6 advocate to help grow the community to the next level. The k6 Developer Advocate is first and foremost a developer who enjoys helping people, sharing knowledge, and connecting with other developers.
In this role, you will help increase k6 awareness within different Dev communities and educate on using k6 to boost the adoption of performance testing within engineering teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small growing team building a promising developer tool.
You will have a high degree of autonomy and support to get your message and initiatives out. You will be an ecosystem influencer having a substantial impact on the k6 community, marketing, and product.
- Create content and implement programs that educate and add value to the k6 community.
- Collaborate with the team to improve the documentation to foster the adoption of k6 and performance testing best practices.
- Speak at meetups to increase k6 awareness, and build our reputation around Performance, DevOps, and Testing communities.
- Engage with the community and influence the open-source and product team with your insights.
- You are familiar with modern infrastructure, APIs and technologies.
- Experience speaking, writing and engaging with technical audiences.
- Strong intuition for best developer experience.
- Ability to travel.
- A passion for Open Source and performance.
- Desired experience working for an early-stage company.
- Developer Relations experience is a plus.
Load Impact is a remote-first company. If you are located in Stockholm, you can work from the office, otherwise, you can work 100% remotely.