Senior Software Engineer - Ruby
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Right now, we are looking to add a talented Ruby Engineer to collaborate within a small, globally distributed team.
You will be joining a dedicated team for Language Clients within Elastic. Our primary responsibility is to make sure that folks who use our official language clients have a great experience when integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
What you will be doing
- Be the face of the elasticsearch official Ruby language clients
- Maintain and moderate the Ruby clients
- Contribute to other language clients as appropriate
- Drive community engagement and adoption
- Keep pace with Elastic Stack releases
- Build out our continuous integration tests and dashboard
- Help maintain and develop best practices for language client development
What you will bring
- Strong Ruby experience
- Experience in other development languages (such as Perl, Python, PHP, Go)
- Ready to be part of a dedicated distributed team; self motivated and having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong interest with what goes on in the Ruby developer ecosystem, with good knowledge of popular frameworks
- Enthusiasm for picking up new technologies
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 34 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.