At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with twenty-five percent of our team working from their home office in United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our localization team. This team is responsible for setting and enforcing localization best practices, along with creating, testing, analyzing, and documenting localized versions of our products.
As a member of our localization team, you’ll work to ensure that our products are localizable and to streamline and automate the tools and processes we use to localize our products. You’ll be responsible for addressing localization issues across a diverse range of product areas and technologies.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You will be very familiar with the tools and techniques used to localize Windows desktop software. You will need to be comfortable diving into a large, legacy codebase and making changes to streamline and improve the localizability of the product. You’ll have a strong sense on how to automate manual processes and have a proven ability to connect disparate sources of data to create a whole picture.
Who you are:
- You have 6-9 years of experience building commercial software in either C# or C++
- You have 6-9 years of experience writing PowerShell scripts/modules
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented development
- You have a solid understanding of SOLID principles and designing loosely coupled systems that are flexible to changing requirements
- You have previous experience with the tools and techniques used to localize Windows desktop software
- You know what Unicode is and how it is encoded in software products
- You have a proven track record of automating manual processes
- You are comfortable with automated testing frameworks
- You are familiar with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews, and unit testing
- You can clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
It’s a plus if:
- You’ve worked in an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) software development environment before
- You have previous experience with localization software such as Passolo, Catalyst, or Visual Localize
- You have experience in CAD/CAM and/or the manufacturing industry
- You have experience with Azure DevOps Build and Release Pipelines
- You have experience with Git source control software
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.