We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead front and backend technical development work as part of the reconfiguration of ITEP’s microsimulation tax model—currently based on legacy Visual Fox Pro (VFP) code—to a Python web app to be deployed on an Azure platform.
- Lead the technical development, integration and iterative improvement of ITEP’s tax modeling capacities.
- Communicate clearly with multiple constituencies, soliciting and digesting feedback from both technical and non-technical users.
- Ensure that all code development, data handling and version control are done efficiently, securely, transparently and in a manner that improves user productivity and timeliness.
- Support documentation of ITEP’s model processes.
Candidates should already have the following experience & skills:
- Three to five years of experience as a full stack software engineer.
- Specific experience with:
- managing cloud deployments (e.g., Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud);
- managing Python web app development;
- designing server-side and client-side architecture;
- optimizing database function and management (ideally PostgreSQL);
- using object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Ability to manage two or more concurrent projects, working both independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical users, responding effectively to user needs.
- Ability to write effective technical documentation.
In addition, other helpful (though not necessary) experience would include having worked remotely on a software development team and having developed and deployed software for governments and/or nonprofit organizations.
For further details, see the job listing on ITEP's website.