We are looking for an experienced Lead/Full Stack Developer with a strong team lead background. As a Tech/Team leader, you will have the opportunity to take part in a disruptive product that leverages cutting-edge technologies while working in an agile development lifecycle. And by “Full Stack” we really mean it! You should possess strong knowledge of web environments and applications.
The right candidates will use industry-standard best practices in code development, version control, and documentation. Collaborated with product owners and technical teammates to design and develop engaging user experiences and intuitive features that encapsulate complex workflows and business rules.
Support the agile team through the entire software delivery process, including design, development, testing, and deployment.
Well experienced in cloud architecture such as AWS and Google Cloud. Support the architecture development of an AWS solution, and create microservices and data APIs.
Serve as a technical advisor to the team to adopt containerization, big data, cloud, and advanced data analytics and other architecture patterns and practices that may be emerging. And we pay well for coders code well!
Proven interest in algorithms, data-mining, machine learning and/or large-scale systems
What you will do as a Team Lead:
- Manage resource & people aspects of the software delivery team
- Optimize resource allocation, ramp-up, and ramp-downs
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members
- Work closely with other participants in the team: product manager, developers (internals and externals), testers, designers, data scientists, etc.
- Recruit, onboard and retain talented software engineers.
- Create the processes that are right for your team, and make sure they’re followed.
- Review code submissions of junior staff mentoring and guiding them throughout the process.
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns the development of a specific product or platform.
What skills you bring to the role:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software development, including time building infrastructure and services in a SaaS environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a role where you had direct managerial responsibility for software engineers on your team.
- Well familiar with object-oriented design patterns; languages including C#, C++ or Java;
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python or Ruby.
- 3+ years of experience with ReactJs building advanced web user interfaces.
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS (server-side)
- Experience building mobile-ready, responsive web applications
- Strong experience in the integration of REST Services and 3rd party APIs.
- Good proficiency with Automated Testing and Continuous Integration using tools like Selenium, Jest, Jasmine, Mocha or comparable testing framework.
- 3+ years of experience in MongoDB and Redis. Also well familiar with other approaches such as RethinkDB, Neo4J and more.
- Experience in SQL, relational databases, database concepts, dimensional modeling, and database design
- Direct experience with cloud services based on Amazon Web Services (ideally EC2, ELB, S3, Lambda).
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, highly scalable, uptime-critical production environment.
- Understanding of usage analysis, resource consumption, cost analysis.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong mathematics is a big plus!
- Open source development projects.
- Contributions to the local developer community.
- Advanced degrees in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or the sciences.
- R&D experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Having published tutorial, article or youtube channel.
- 3+ years of experience in iOS or Android app development
- Familiaritywith Linux/Unix operating system & shell scripts.
- Experience in Networking and Security
- Proven interest in algorithms, data-mining, machine learning and/or large-scale systems (follows blogs, up-to-date on recent developments, etc.)
- “Can do” mentality
- 1 Month Bonus
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Flexible work hours around core hours
- Work 100% From Home
- Team meet-ups 2x/year (Ticket and accommodation)
- Competitive salary
- Excellent gear (Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development