About the Opportunity
The SecurityScorecard ratings platform helps enterprises across the globe manage the cyber security posture of their vendors. Our SaaS products have created a new category of enterprise software and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our investors include both Sequoia and Google Ventures. We are scaling quickly but are ever mindful of our people and products as we grow.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Pipeline Platform team, you will help us scale, support, and build the next-generation platform for our data pipelines. The team’s mission is to empower data scientists, software engineers, data engineers, and threat intelligence engineers accelerate the ingestion of new data sources and present the data in a meaningful way to our clients.
What you will do:
Design and implement systems for ingesting, transforming, connecting, storing, and delivering data from a wide range of sources with various levels of complexity and scale. Enable other engineers to deliver value rapidly with minimum duplication of effort. Automate the infrastructure supporting the data pipeline as code and deployments by improving CI/CD pipelines. Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve the data platform to maintain stability and optimal performance.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Exceptional skills in at least one high-level programming language (Java, Scala, Go, Python or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
What to Expect in Our Hiring Process:
- Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition to learn more about your experience and career objectives
- Technical phone interview with hiring manager
- Video or in person interviews with 1-3 engineers
- At home technical assessment
- Video or in person interview with engineering leadership