We’re looking for a sharp, self-motivated and self-managed Windows Systems Engineer to meet a growing demand for Windows environment cloud and server migration projects.
You’ll help plan, architect, consult and execute on a wide range of workload, application and data migrations working both independently and as part of our Windows systems engineering team.
- Evaluate, estimate and perform proof-of-concept for server and cloud migration projects (all Windows-based)
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to execute all phases of complex migration projects
- Maintain existing Windows-based environments
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer’s objectives and related system interactions through direct customer, partner and/or WSM business staff communications, meetings and project discovery sessions
- Work closely with partners, customers and colleagues to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, and scheduling
- May contribute to DevOps tool chain implementation, DR and/or security initiatives as a part of the overall server or cloud transformation & migration engagement for WSM customers and partners
WSM is an established industry-leading technical services and solutions integrator undergoing a rapid growth phase due to demand for our cloud adoption, migration, transformation, security and DevOps services.
We offer virtually unlimited career growth potential for talented and motivated developers, systems engineers and server administrators.
We thrive in a casual, open, friendly and collaborative environment. Our work is rewarded with very good pay and an awesome benefits plan including health, term life, short and long term disability, 401k with company match (yeah!), profit sharing plan, dental, vision and flexible PTO. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of systems administration experience Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 2012
- Knowledge of Enterprise level Windows environments, digital assets, applications and workloads
- Virtual and physical servers support
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, IIS
- Microsoft Exchange (2007+++)
- Familiarity with VMWare and Openstack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Moderate understanding of networking technologies (subnetting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic database knowledge (SQL/MySQL)
- Basic familiarity with at least one virtual machine system (KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)
- Good familiarity with Powershell
- US-based, preferably Michigan or north central / northeast
- MCP, MCSE or MCITP certifications are desired
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications are desired
- Chef/Puppet experience a plus
- SharePoint experience a plus
- MS Dynamics experience a plus
If you experience problems with the application submittal form below, please email your information to [email protected].