- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that our costs are well understood, identifying and driving infrastructure optimization activities to ensure we are making the most out of our investments, and forecasting costs.
- Work closely with finance to implement the cloud costs support systems needed for a continuously growing company.
- Develop insightful views in to cost and usage data that enable executives to understand spend.
- Create Engineering awareness and drive behavior change to make significant cost and efficiency improvements across the organization.
- Use software tools to provide data visualization, and gather direct feedback from the respective engineering teams
- Be the main point of contact for our cloud providers and will maintain current knowledge of relevant cloud optimization, regulations, policies, and procedures.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a related discipline such as a systems engineer, technical account manager, financial analyst, etc.
- Have specific experience with IaaS (ideally AWS).
- Have been responsible for optimizing the costs of a growing Engineering organization.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Are an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Have a minimum bachelor’s degree.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a developer background, with ability to write scripts, SQL queries, and familiar with data analytics tools.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.