Who We Need:This Automation Engineer will be focused on expanding, maturing, and maintaining the Firm’s intelligent process automation platform which focuses on removing repetitive, replicable, and routine tasks for Cardinal's knowledge workers through robotics process automation (RPA). The Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of robots which perform routine tasks such as data extraction and cleaning through existing user interfaces. The robot will be part of the defined process with a user ID just like other team members and will perform rules-based tasks such as accessing email and systems, performing calculations, creating documents and reports, and checking files.This position will collaborate with an advanced line of business users in order to understand the business processes and the data available for automation to build data-driven bots. Additionally, the position will work closely with other technology teams, business intelligence, process engineering, and IT infrastructure in developing solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with a diverse team of business owners and process engineers to design technical specification documents for RPA projects.
- Create a complete technical architecture for RPA projects making sure the architecture is extensible and scalable.
- Perform both analyst and developer responsibilities as needed within the full stack supporting the RPA project.
- May need to instruct and guide those with less experience.
- Conduct research into new RPA, machine learning, natural language generation, or cognitive agents applications and determine viability for adoption.
- Identify and describe RPA problems and requirements from across the organization.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing robotic processes and develop new robotic processes to help move the organization forward.
- Leverage existing data and identify other data to ensure tasks performed by robotic processes are performed accurately and completely, and are valid to perform.
- When needed, assist with the development and support an ETL process for data warehouse structures that support the reporting and data analytic systems.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- At least 5 years of recent experience required in full stack development with a focus on system integration through APIs, relational and nonrelational databases, quality assurance, and understanding customer and business needs.
- 3+ years RPA development experience in Automate, Blue Prism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Zapier or equivalent RPA industry leading platforms.
- Experience with application integration using SOAP and REST within multiple languages; C/C++, Python, VB Script, Ruby, Java, JS, .Net.
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written, and in presentation format).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud development is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented, with strong written and verbal communication.
- Natural leader, comfortable working with all levels of individuals.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Industry business processes is highly desired.