At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Endpoint team is looking for an experienced engineer to join us in writing low-level code to detect and prevent advanced security threats across Windows, macOS, and Linux. You will be working with former intelligence community and seasoned security industry engineers with extensive security expertise – including the author of Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel. If you’re an experienced Windows, macOS, and/or Linux system-level engineer, join our Endpoint development team and help protect the world’s data from attackers.
- C/C++, Python, x86/x64 assembly
- lldb, gdb, Windbg
- Windows, macOS, and/or Linux kernel development and user space, system level APIs
- git, Jenkins
- Design and develop robust kernel and/or system-level code that collects data with minimal impact on system performance.
- Write, code review, and unit test cross platform code in a multi-threaded application.
- Work with our platform team to rapidly integrate new features end-to-end.
- Communicate and document new features with team members and quality assurance engineers.
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation
Skills and Requirements:
- Live, breathe, and eat operating system kernels and system level APIs
- 10+ years software engineering experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience debugging with lldb, gdb, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Networking socket programming and protocol analysis
- Cross platform, system level development
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Remote work-from-home option
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.