Pelican Procurement is hiring a new full stack ASP.NET / Angular Developer colleague to help develop the software underpinning our online procurement SaaS solution.
We're writing software that handles data that isn't always typical, meaning lots of interesting challenges as we address our clients' evolving needs; creating a really usable product, that's also robust, scales and integrates well.
Now is a great time to join our team of motivated full stack .NET Developers, enjoying a sustained period of positive change and ongoing investment in technology, with lots of fresh code to write.
Working closely with our product owner and technical architect, it's a mix of new development work, primarily on the back end with an element of front end, and important ongoing improvements to our existing software.
You may work remotely as your primary arrangement; our development team is currently 100% remote, and you can optionally work in the office if you prefer.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Writing optimal code that takes our Pi procurement software to the next level
- Re-factoring and re-writing a mature codebase, bringing significant modernisation
- Assessing and introducing new technologies and methodologies
- Supporting our move towards Angular2 v7
- Building a progressive, integrated, mobile application
- Embracing modern ways of working - e.g. Agile, SCRUM, a DevOps approach
We're looking for
- Someone competent at writing effective code for complex business logic
- An inclusive approach, from someone who works well in a distributed team
- Proven abilities in ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS or Angular2+, and the Entity Framework (or other ORM)
- Familiarity with SQL Server (or other SQL based database)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A readiness to explore, champion and adopt modern practices
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
ASP.NET | Entity Framework | AngularJS, Angular2 | TypeScript | Sass | Grunt | SQL Server | Azure | Visual Studio | JIRA | TFS | and more…
Salary and benefits
- £45,000 - £50,000 we're keeping an open mind
- Contributory company pension | life assurance | annual leave; 25 days, rising incrementally year on year to 30 days in year five | health cash plan, including 24-hour counselling and advice | access to continued professional and leadership development |discretionary incentive bonus scheme | wellbeing programme | free car parking (office employees) | unpaid leave (by discretion) | flexi time and flexible approach to working