Technical Sales Specialist
Location: ideally Dornbirn, Berlin, remote Postion: Fulltime (valid work permit for European Union required)
Crate.io is a world class technology company working at the cutting edge of the IIoT industry. We provide products that unlock the power of data within multiple industries that was inaccessible before our technology. We are looking for a passionate Technical Sales Specialist to join our team. The person must be able to match our speed, creativity and energy level to be successful. Our investors are world class, our company has been recognized by both Forbes and Gartner as leading edge and we are gearing up for hyper growth.
About the Role
At Crate.io the TSS is a hybrid role merging sales and technical solutions expertise. We offer the opportunity to not only focus on winning the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology but also the chance to own opportunities outright as part of broader sales team. You will work together with the sales team to technically advise on the sales of products, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the power of industrial scale data analysis with Crate.io technology.
The Technical Sales Specialist explains, demonstrates & proves the capabilities of our solutions and works with customers directly. Crate.io creates, markets and sells a technical product making your role essential in the success of the company. This is a position for someone with both technical knowledge and sales skills. The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, energetic, understands enterprise selling and likes both fun and success.
These are some of the expectations for this Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) Role:
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s IIoT solutions based on Crate.io.
- Engaging with customers making inquiries into Crate.io’s solutions at the beginning of the sale cycle.
- Assessing and determining which customers can be the best fit for Crate.io and which Crate.io can help the most.
- Solution Design Interview prospects to determine business and technical requirements and determine a technical fit.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions as well as proof of concepts, and pilots.
- Actively participating in all phases of planning and execution for your territory, from initial discovery to the technical win.
- You will help solve technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Crate.io sales and customer usage.
- You will work with our key partners and others at Crate.io, as well as use our social connection tools to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
- Directly interact with engineering as the voice of the customer and community to communicate needs, gaps, and enhancements.
- An obsession with learning is required. We are constantly discovering how we can help customers in different ways. Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative workarounds
You will also be an evangelist and orchestration point for a variety of resources, by:
- Presenting at conferences and seminars
- Responding to technical sections in RFIs/RFPs.
- Orchestrating complex solutions with partners.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers, and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Crate.io solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A track record of success in a technical presales role-- enough experience selling and implementing technology to earn your customer’s trust.
- Experience selling IT solutions and cloud preferred.
- A demonstrable ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software and technologies.
- Advanced big data architecture experience as well as understanding of IoT architectures (MQTT/Kafka/Streaming).
- Hands-on BigData & NoSQL experience (Elasticsearch/Hadoop/Cassandra or similar).
- Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC).
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting).
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine.
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Are you up for the challenge?
Apply now via the application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.