Eidosmedia is looking for a Managed Services System Engineer who will be responsible for addressing customer service requests incidents, follow-up analysis and troubleshooting Eidosmedia’s proprietary content management solution, Méthode.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of very talented people responsible for shaping the future of content management systems.
We are global leader in content management applied to complex, real-time scenarios. We’re deeply passionate about technology to keep our solutions at the leading edge. Today we’re on a mission to evolve a product suite leader in the Media industry and conquer other solid verticals like Finance and Government.
You will join our Systems and Operations Team based in New York and supporting Eidosmedia US Customers reporting directly to the System and Operations Manager and collaborating with colleagues all across the globe.
What you will learn
As a Managed Services Systems Engineer will participate in creating maintenance plans, implement solutions, integrations and maintaining documentation for all US customers
You will assure activities are compliant with Managed Services SLA’s as it pertains to the customer’s subscribed services. This includes but is not limited to proactive system monitoring, system software upgrades, application software upgrades, patching.
Additional duties include general system administration tasks and participation of after-hours maintenance and activities and/or on call as needed.
What we are looking for
- Computer Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of UNIX / LINUX operating systems.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl)
- Good knowledge of high availability systems (Veritas/RHCS) and storage systems (NetApp, EMC)
- Good knowledge of web and application servers (Tomcat)
- Experience in using virtualization platforms (VMWare, XEN, etc.)
- Experience in managing systems in complex cloud environments (AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems and to perform log analysis
It’s great (but not necessary) if you also have
ITIL or Agile/SCRUM qualified
Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.