At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
About the role:
You will be responsible for technical design and work in the User Journey area of Elastic’s Cloud product. The User Journey area is a cross-functional team responsible for trial user flow, UX, design and development of Elastic’s Cloud user portal, integrations with 3rd party hosting providers, and more. You will lead by example and should participate in coding, debugging complex failure scenarios, and triaging bugs. You’ll analyze the current system, it’s strength and limitations. You will participate in roadmap and project planning efforts and will have ownership for delivering it. You’ll be participating in project management efforts as the teams execute on plans, and you’ll have a role in communicating progress and status to stakeholders.
Some of the things you'll work on:
- Work with a distributed team of engineers from all across the globe.
- You will innovate, lead and contribute to the development and user experience of both our hosted and on-premise offerings.Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across everything from a few Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances to many thousands
- Own, curate, and execute the Cloud User Journey area product roadmap, collaborating with product managers, engineering managers, and other stakeholders across Cloud and Elastic teams.
- Create technical designs and build POCs for new efforts, validating a wild idea works before contributing to it.
- Be hands-on with the codebase. Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
What you will bring along:
- A track record of successfully leading multi-functional teams to deliver quality content.
- Comfortable working and communicating with teams from several functions – design, data analytics, and distributed engineering.
- You have worked on a SAAS platform or product.
- Previous experience in an ownership role for roadmap curation and execution.
- Experience integrating with the marketplace and/or console offers from hosting providers (Azure, GCP, etc.) is a huge plus.
- A self-starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision-makers
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits
- Equity compensation
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.