Olo seeks a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll be embedded with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products and committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality, and also contribute to large cross-team initiatives that require a coordinated approach to quality.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
- You've got strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts
- You are tech-savvy and grasp the complexities of modern SaaS platforms.
- You've got a technical degree or comparable industry experience.
- You've been in an agile testing role for many years, with a track record of success
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approach with developers
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
In this job, you'll...
- Partner with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to your team's unique needs
- Coordinate cross-team test initiatives with QA engineers on other teams
- Champion creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and tools that will improve the quality of your team’s products
- Report on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components.
- Become a domain expert for your team's domain and components
- Support company business initiatives as they relate to your team
- Represent the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development
- Collaborate with product owners to uncover requirements, particularly around testability
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Analyze complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy
- Provide clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments, including test case documentation and test results capture
- Promote team ownership of product quality (Whole Team Quality)
- Apply a variety of testing techniques to provide a multi-faceted inspection of a feature
- Creative approaches to test design, both technological and process
- Recent hands-on testing experience with modern UI’s, APIs, and SOA
- Strong opinions on manual and exploratory testing and general software quality concepts
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies, particularly SaaS platforms
- Experience working in a C#/.NET environment.
- Experience with version control (especially Git).
- Experience with TeamCity and AWS.
- Experience testing hosted/cloud SaaS web applications
- Restaurant technology and/or e-commerce experience
About OloOlo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 250 restaurant brands. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s, Chili’s, Chipotle, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo’s office is located at One World Trade Center in Manhattan. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!