At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
About The Team:
Stack and Solutions is a subteam under Cloud Engineering. This team is responsible for two main areas: integrating Elastic Stack features like Index Lifecycle Management, Kibana Canvas, etc into the Cloud platform and building a foundation for products like Enterprise Search, AppSearch to be managed on the Cloud platform.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed components and APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. We feel that anyone needs to be in a position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
Some of the things you'll work on:
- Collaborate with distributed team of engineers from all across the globe.
- Implement Elastic Stack features like Cross Cluster Replication, autoscaling of Elasticsearch Clusters.
- Participate in coding, debugging complex failure scenarios, and triaging bugs in production SaaS and on-premise software.
- Work with the team to help build scalable solutions to deliver the best user experience.
- You'll mentor your co-workers and review code and design.
- Understand our company strategy and help to translate it into technical deliverables and guide Cloud’s product direction to realize it.
- Lead technical designs and build POCs for new efforts, validating a wild idea works before contributing to it.
- Collaborate with the support team to support our products and get feedback on the product.
What you will bring along:
- You have several years of experience as a software engineer, with a track record of delivering high-quality, scalable code.
- You have experience with Elasticsearch. You should be able to debug Elasticsearch issues and show interest in understanding the internals.
- Strong on Scala and Java in general, including concurrency concepts and the standard library of data structures.
- You've built things with elasticsearch before, and understand how distributed systems operate and the limitations and advantages.
- Previous experience providing technical leadership for a small team of engineers.
- Experience integrating with marketplace and/or console offers from hosting providers (Azure, GCP, etc.) is a huge plus.
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits
- Equity compensation
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.