Sercomm are venturing out into many new emerging businesses to position for future growth. We are looking to hire a cross platform mobile application developer. We are a new regional business unit within Sercomm and you will have significant influence and ownership of your work. This role will be part of a wider international structure that includes hardware engineering, software development, industrial/mechanical design, UX and global sales.
Our current mobile stack uses React-Native and Rust for both iOS and Android. Our firmware is written in Rust and runs on both Openwrt and our own Android distribution. Our cloud services are mostly written in Erlang and continuously deployed to AWS. We like automation, type safety and functional programming, but are pragmatic in practice.
Our development offices are in Nottingham, and our headquarters are in Taipei (Taiwan).
In principle we are open to discuss remote working providing the candidate can visit the office a few times a month. In practice this would mean a candidate would need to be Midlands or at least England based.
This is a UK remote role, currently only available to UK residents. There will be opportunities for travel to Asia.
We are hiring a remote cross platform mobile application developer to:
- Build industry leading mobile apps for smart devices on a global scale
- Build a team of developers for the delivery of Android and iOS projects.
- Promote improvements in development practice and technology.
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Demonstrable experience of developing native applications for both iOS and Android
- Design sensibility and instinct for what makes a good mobile user experience
- Experience leading design and software technical specifications