At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Right now, we are looking to add a talented Python Engineer to collaborate within a small, globally distributed team.
You will be joining a dedicated team for Language Clients within Elastic. Our primary responsibility is to make sure that folks who use our official language clients have a great experience when integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
What you will be doing
- Be the face of the elasticsearch official Python (and R) language clients
- Maintain and moderate the language clients
- Contribute to other language clients as appropriate
- Drive community engagement and adoption
- Keep pace with Elastic Stack releases
- Build out our continuous integration tests, functional specifications and dashboard
- Help maintain and develop best practices for language client development
What you will bring
- Strong Python experience and interest with what goes on in the Python developer ecosystem
- Solid Data Science skills, working knowledge of popular libraries such as numpy, pandas and scikit-learn
- Knowledge of R or willingness to learn
- Strong experience in other development languages (such as Perl, PHP, Ruby, Go)
- Ready to be part of a dedicated distributed team; self motivated and having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory