What you’ll doYou'll communicate with stakeholders across different teams to improve technical processes and tooling in our Filters department. Support the blocking of non-acceptable ads and help counter adblock circumvention. With your knowledge in automation and creative freedom, you'll develop solutions to upcoming issues and move forward.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Develop solutions for automated crawling of web content and monitoring of ads to asses ad blocking quality
- Work on automating pushes to the anti-circumvention filter list in response to common circumvention methods
- Support any innovation initiatives around monitoring, like machine learning, with technical expertise
- Create, maintain and improve technical processes, including tooling and documentation
- Improve team communication and sync with your colleagues to make sure everybody is always updated
A little bit about you...
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Strongly process- and quality-oriented
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Basic DevOps knowledge, e.g. Docker
- Proficient user of spoken and written English
It's great, but not required, if you have...
- A university degree (incl. Applied sciences) in information science or related
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages
- Experience with multi-lingual/multi-cultural teams
- Experience in Machine Learning
A little bit about the team you’ll work withYou’ll join the Filters department and work in the Circumvention and Filterlists Teams. We’re proud to unite people from diverse backgrounds in our cross-functional teams. We all have our niche expertise and projects we work on and that means we can support each other if somebody gets stuck with an issue. Right now, we’re all about improving and automating processes. Join us if you want to become part of a great team that makes a difference in the web ecosystem.
A lot of our eyeo colleagues work remotely and so can you. We’re happy to pay for a coworking space, or if you prefer we can help you relocate to our offices in Cologne or Berlin.
Get to know usWe create open source software that puts users in control of their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, giving users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
Not sure if this is for you? Consider contributing first.