Thycotic is looking for a Software Release Project Manager to manage the tasks, deadlines, and teams that contribute to the readiness of going live with a software product. Customers deploy our solutions both on premise and in Thycotic’s managed cloud. Thycotic’s release management practice entails monitoring and managing releases from the earliest development phase all the way through the public launch of the product. The release plan covers Interim phases of quality assurance, documentation, marketing messaging and materials, internal training for support and sales teams, and deployment. The Software Release Project Manager creates the release project plan for these activities, organizes release teams that span cross functional areas of development, marketing, product management, support, and sales, monitors progress, and communicates status. The Software Release Project Manager is an accomplished project manager with solid judgement for motivating disparate teams and making progress. Sound communication skills both up and down the chain are very important in this position. A passion for meeting deadlines is required.
This position reports to the VP, Software Operations and is based in the Washington, DC headquarters; however, a remote candidate may be considered.
- Ability to create and maintain a project plan, break it down into phases and steps, assign owners
- Ability to acquire knowledge of software products and software team velocity to determine and judge accurate due dates
- Ability to derive release progress and then translate it into accurate and meaningful status reports that clearly indicate risks with remediation plans for upper management
- Ability to interpret changing requirements and resourcing, then adjust and revise plans and deliverables as circumstances require
- Proactive ability to clearly communicate release plan changes across multiple organization levels such as within release teams, to upper management, and to downstream operations
- Ability to schedule, lead, and document release team meetings
- Driven to learn software products in order to understand how new features or products affect cross functional team resources and plans
- Deep commitment to on-time delivery; prompt by nature
- Knowledge, affinity, and appreciation of software technology; past experience mastering software as an administrator or expert user
- Knowledge and experience of the software delivery process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or management field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of full-time project management experience
- PMP certification a plus
- Preference by personality to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in various stages and sizes
- Experience working with commercial software in a capacity that familiarized you with software phases, updates and rollouts
- Ability to rapidly get up to speed on software technology
- Proven ability to effectively engage and work with sales, technical support, engineering, testers, marketing, IT operations, and other teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple layers within an organization
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.